Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Long Jorney Home.


After a wonderful afternoon, it’s time to head back to where we left the bikes. It is late and will be dark soon. The trip down was 80% downhill so the return trip would be mostly up-hill. These were my thoughts as I struggled up the hill. When we reached the bikes, after a short rest we mounted the bicycles and headed out. Alex called out to me and asked if I felt ok to make the trip back and I responded that I was ready...but then the miracle. He said that the three kids wanted to ride but he would like to take the bus. I agreed to give up the ride back and keep him company. We rode to the highway and waited for about a half-hour before bus came along. The drivers helper climbed out, hoisted our bicycles to the roof and we were home in 20 minutes. Cost for this service $0.50 each and service with a smile. The kids came in about 8 pm. A safe ending for everyone and a trip to remember. I would like to make the trip again by foot. It would be a all day trip but worth it I am sure. Even on a bicycle, because of the downhill ride you have to pay attention to the road and miss a lot of great landscapes on the way.
Roberto 
Posted by Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment