Thursday, February 08, 2007

Where Else Could You Live For $200 Per Month

In the past, I have posted about my adventures at Margarita Ville, later, we changed the name to HOSTERIA ECOAVENTURA. Lorenzo, my partner, at the time and I lived and worked in that paradise until he got the urge to mone on and explore a little more of South America so I carried on alone. It was

a great place to live with acres and acres of open spaces in the heart of the beautiful Pastaza Vally. Well, not exactly open spaces, as it was covered with all types of vegetation.
Photo by J. Walker
There are three rivers that either border the property or pass through it. A true "Nature Lovers" delight. There was also enough work to keep you busy and healthy form daylight to dark.

When I took over the spa in Ambato it occupied most of my time for about six months, and when a friend wanted to take over my personal paradise, I let it go. Two days ago my friend came by and asked if I wanted to take a ride to San Francisco and since it had been six months since I had visited the place I was delighted to take the ride.

On the way, he told me that it had been a month since he had been there because his business in Ambato was taking all of his time. The next question was "why don't you take the place back?". I would love to do this but I do now want to do it alone. If there is anyone out there in never-never-land who would like a change and perhaps the adventure of a lifetime, why not come down and take a look. Think about it.
Margajita River

Photo by J. Walker

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:24 PM

    Hello Roberto,

    I happened across your blogs today as I was exploring the idea of packing up my two girls (they will be three and six) next winter and heading down to Ecuador. I spent about 4 months there when I was in college, about a month's worth in Banos and I loved it. I have a friend in Quito, an exchange student that spent a semester at our home last year but I would really like to spend our time out of the city. I would like to find myself in a situation my children would experience a total language and cultural immersion. I have basic spanish and would love to help out, volunteering with children or families in any capacity that I could have my children along with me. Wondering if you may have any suggestions for comfortable and safe living arrangements ( nothing fancy) where we can have an experience like this. I would pay to cover our costs for housing and food. We only need one room with a large bed as we cosleep. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Melissa
    mistou@lewistonapartments.com

    ReplyDelete