Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Maybe It's a Good Idea & Maybe Not...You Decide.

A few nights ago while in Ambato, I met with a friend who is a rice distributor. I was telling him of my project to raise a little money for the famililes who were forced out of their homes when Tungurahua erupted. He offered to sell me rice at cost and I even talked him into going with me to deliver it at no extra cost.

The conversation drifted to tons of ash that needed to be cleared and he suggested that I send a little bag to each person who made a donation. The more he talked, the more excited he got. His last comment was, "we could bottle it and make a fortune". I told him that that was not the idea, however we could send an ounce in a little plastic bag along with a note describing where it came from.

So this is the plan...I do not want to take anything from the donations, but if anyone would like an ash sample, just add an extra $1.00 to cover the cost of mailing, and advise me that $1.00 is for the ash.

Better act fast....There are only 40 thousand tons of the stuff scatered around Ecuador.

Thanks again for all of you who have made a contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment