Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Picture Tour Of The Baños Area

A short time after I arrived in Baños, I met a man who was also a new arrival and was living with his wife Yvoone, on the other side of the Pastaza River and about 25km from town. To get to where they were living takes a 25 minute bus ride and a 30 to 45 minute hike depending how much of a load you were toteing.

He came to town several times a month to get supplies and we became friends. He was a photographer by trade and for more than a year we spent many happy hours hiking the countless trails around Baños and the Pastaza Valley. He ended up with hundreds, if not thousands of pictures of the area. J and Yvoone returned to Florida last year and he has started posting a photo-essay of their time in Ecuador. Take a look....You will see why I love this area.

Most of the pictures on this blog were taken by J, and I used to call him my personal photographer. I miss him. The latest word is that he will return. I hope soon because I have some projects in Salasaca and I need him.

Enjoy the fotos.

No comments:

Post a Comment