Saturday, October 06, 2007

Yes....You can help.

As the months fly by and we close in on Christmas, I would like to offer you an uniqe opportunity to help.

I came to Ecuador three and a half years ago without any real plan. I just took things as they came and if you have been a long time reader of this blog you have seen that everyday has been an adventure. I don't know why I ended up in Salasaca but through fate or happenstance I am here and it feels like I am doing exactly what I am supposed to doing.

Our volunteers have been wonderful and as one of them said in a recent e-mail, "the two weeks spent in Salasaca go down as the best two weeks of her South American adventure. That feeling seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

The expenses for the projects here are funded solely by donations. We receive no government support, (nor do we want any), and survive solely on donations. Most of these come from family and friends of the volunteers who have spent time here. We are grateful for their help.

We have three paid employees who are paid by the foundation, Clemente, Fabiola and Fanny. We do offer the volunteers a place to stay and make sure that they do not go hungry, however they all seem to want to help and contribute to the food supply.

We are making a difference here in Salasaca and could really use some additional help. If by some chance you feel drawn to the donate button in the right had side of the page, we could use your help. A donation of any size will be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Hey Dad, sounds like you're very busy and enjoying your time in Ecuador. Write us sometimes.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have a special affinity with Ecuador. I spent a few weeks there in June, volunteering at a childcare facility outside Quito. Beforehand, I traveled around the Andes including a visit to Banos and struck up a close friendship with a family living in Ambato (the father/husband works in Banos, which is how I met them). I'm returning at Thanksgiving to become the Madrina of their new baby. I would love nothing more than to live there and do some of the work that you have initiated. Perhaps, one day. And, when I visit for a longer period of time in the future, I'll be sure to look into ways to help at your school.

    ReplyDelete