Monday, August 28, 2006

Tungurahua Eruption Sale

Because of the lack of tourists in Baños, the artisans from Salasaca who provide many of hand-made items in the shops are finding no market for their products. One of the artisans happens to be Lorenzo, a friend of mine, who came to see me a few days ago and told me that he was not able to sell his work and was thinking of moving to the coast to look for employment. I offered to buy his inventory for the same price that he would get if he sold them to his customer in Baños.
I now have 10 tapestries which represents about a months work. I will now try to sell them at the wholesale price of $22, plus of course the $14.72 which is the cost of delivery to anyplace in the Americas. If you would like to own one of these 1.7 meters x .7 meters all wool walhanginggs and help a hard working entrepreneurur at the same time, just push the button below.













I thank you, and Lorenzo thanks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment