Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Carnival in Baños

The Carnival Celebration was a little tame for the younger generation but just right for me. There were parades and fireworks and a few cultural events. The streets were blocked off for the better part of a week and it was nice to walk around without the traffic. The town was completely full as Monday and Tuesday were national holidays giving everyone a four day weekend.

There were not many water balloons, but there was a big business being made with a special “Carnival Foam” spray. It came in different colors and although it looked pretty bad during the first attack, I found that it disappeared in five or ten minutes and did not leave stains. Before Tuesday was history, I was looking for a store to buy a can so that I at least I could fight back.

t is still a wonder to me, how you can have all of that rowdy fun, mixed with a lot of beer and not have one altercation, at least that I saw, during the entire carnival celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment